School of Art and Design Reopening Plan
Our Return to Jenkins
The School of Art and Design community is centered on face-to-face interactions and is focused in Jenkins Fine Arts Center. During the COVID-19 pandemic we must modify our behavior and culture to ensure that we keep everyone as safe as possible.
Our hope is that by following these guidelines strictly and to the best of our ability, faculty, staff and students will be able to engage in a safe learning environment and to have the best learning experience possible.
As university members we have a critical role in adhering to these guidelines in order to protect one another. As a school body, we encourage you to take and honor this pledge throughout the coming school year to keep our university and surrounding community safe.
School of Art and Design Pirate Pledge
I pledge to do my part to keep our School and community safe as I return to Greenville, NC and East Carolina University Campus.
I understand that I am pivotal in the fight against COVID-19 and commit to taking the actions outlined here for the safety of myself and others. I understand that I must be an accountable member of the School of Art and Design Pirate community, and I pledge to do this for others.
I pledge to support the School of Art and Design by:
- Following all public health guidelines and guidelines set forth by ECU.
- Taking responsibility by avoiding high traffic situations on and off campus.
- Following rigorous hand washing and sanitation while on campus and at home.
- Following all School policies, including being respectful of my time and others by sharing School of Art and Design resources and spaces.
- Modifying my actions and being an encouragement to others to adhere to health guidelines and recommendations over time.
By taking this pledge, I promise to do all I can to be aware, responsible, and accountable as a member of the ECU School of Art and Design Community. I pledge to do this for myself, but most importantly for others in preventing the spread of COVID-19.
*adapted from the ECU School of Music and University of South Carolina’s COVID-19 pledge
Building Hours and Use
Jenkins Fine Arts Center will be open as follows:
- General public, Monday to Friday, 7:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Art and design students, faculty, and staff have access via 1Card 24/7
Face Masks, Cleaning, and Hand washing
All members of the ECU and Art and Design community should positively promote a culture of mutual respect and safety with regard to the use of PPE, hand washing, and social distancing practices throughout all interactions with students.
All students, faculty, staff, and visitors must comply with the University Regulation on Face Coverings, including the wearing of face coverings in classrooms, studios, lecture halls, and any other instructional areas and campus locations.
All students, faculty, staff, and guests must wash hands often. Suggested: beginning, middle, and end of every class, and when appropriate, i.e. after contact with shared items.